Our hosts now have the option to integrate their iCal calendars with Afristay.
This allows you how to connect Airbnb's calendar on a per room basis with Afristay, to save you time and prevent constant calendar updating, and avoid double bookings.
Here's how you can do it :
1) Get your "ical address/URL":
Export your Airbnb:
or for Booking.com:
2) Once you have your iCal address/URL :
- Login to Afristay
- On the right hand side click on Listings > Availability Calendar.
- Select the room or unit you would like to work on.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the box "Sync iCal Calendar"
- Enter your iCal address/Url and click save.
Note : This needs to be done for every room/unit as every room/unit will have its own calendar.
Instant Booking (Optional) :
Once your calendar is successfully sync'ing with iCal you have the option to activate Instant Booking.
Instant Booking is an amazing option we give our hosts, to save them time and get them more bookings.
This option allows your guest to perform immediate bookings without requiring you to reservation request first. In a nutshell, guests will be able to perform instant bookings on the site saving you time and getting you confirmed bookings much faster! It has been proven that listings on Instant Booking receive up to 400% more bookings!
NB : Should you decide to activate the Instant Booking feature, It is extremely important to keep your rates and availability calendar updated and as accurate as possible. If an instant booking is made by a guest, the host will be required to honor the booking.
Common Questions :
1. How often does the calendar update from my iCal address?
We automatically sync every two hours.
2. Is there a way i can re-sync myself? In case of last minute bookings etc.
Yes, you can click the "Re-sync manually now" button.
3. Can i update my booking.com calendar on Afristay?
No, you would need to update your calendar on Booking.com, this updates will stream through automatically to your Afristay calendar once it has been synced or re-synced.
4. What is iCal?
iCal is a dynamic computer file format that stores calendar related information like your upcoming bookings, meetings, reminders etc. iCal is used across many platforms to simplify the lives of all using it.
5. Which other booking platforms/OTA's make use of iCal?
Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, SafariNow, Expedia etc
6. How will I know if my calendar has been synced correctly?
It will show "Successfully last synced at xxxx time"
7. If i get a confirmed booking on Afristay will it update on my Afristay calendar and my iCal on my Airbnb?
Your confirmed bookings made on Afristay will update on your Afristay Calendar. You would need to edit these bookings on your Airbnb Calendar for it to become unavailable/booked.
8. What services does Afristay use for live rates AND availability?
We use Nightsbridge & eRes.